Mosaic Stepping Stones
Stepping stone mold or old cake pan
Glass tiles, sea glass, marbles
Piece of paper a bit larger than mold
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Stepping stone mix, found at craft stores,
or fast-drying concrete
Trowel or paint stir stick
Rubber gloves (optional)
Tile and grout sealer
1. Place mold on paper and trace shape. Lay out mosaic materials in a pattern within traced shape.
2. Using paintbrush, coat sides and bottom of mold with vegetable oil.
3. Per instructions on packaging, prepare stepping stone mix or fast-drying concrete with water, using trowel or paint stick to stir. Pour or scoop mixture into mold, gently tap on flat surface to release air bubbles. Smooth top with trowel, or with hands while wearing rubber gloves.
4. Carefully press glass objects into mixture until they sit flush with top of mixture.
5. Let stepping stone cure for 24 to 48 hours before popping out of mold. After a few days, use paintbrush to coat with tile and grout sealer.
6. Place stepping stone in your garden.