by Marion Morse
Suet Recipe favored by woodpeckers, titmice, chickadees, nuthatches and Carolina wrens.
2 cups quick oats
2 cups cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup shortening
1 cup peanut butter
Optional – Add with dry ingredients: 1/4 – 1/3 cup Unsalted sunflower seeds
1. Line 9×13 pan with plastic wrap.
2. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
3. Melt shortening in microwave & add peanut butter, stirring until blended. Pour into dry ingredients & mix well.
4. Pat into pan and refrigerate a few hours.
5. Lift out & slice into pieces that fit into a suet feeder. Wrap & refrigerate unused pieces.